Vampire: The Masquerade - Coteries of New York Announced
Paradox is not screwing around. While many of us after they bought the WoD rights were asking where is the digital games they got a slow start but now seemingly never ending announcements. The most recent is Vampire: The Masquerade - Coteries of New York. It seems like a Telltale choose your own adventure style game (or interactive story) but we'll see when more details are released. Speaking of release, it's due Q4 this year so we won't have to wait too long. Below are the details of what they released for information;
Vampire: The Masquerade - Coteries of New York presents the conflict between two vampiric factions: the traditionalist Camarilla and the fiercely independent Anarchs among the iconic landmarks and night lights of The Big Apple. It's a unique, atmospheric, single-player narrative experience, set in a rich, fully licensed, globally recognized universe of Vampire: The Masquerade 5th Edition.
- Choose your character from one of several distinct Clans
- Every playable character offers unique powers (Disciplines), different ethical approaches to certain issues, and dialogue lines
- Character-oriented quests allow you to create your own coterie and shape your relations by reinforcing NPC loyalties
- Highly replayable - choices made in the game are reflected by the game's changing fiction
- Various endings depending on your actions - which conclusion will you reach?
- Suitable for both Vampire: The Masquerade veterans, and fans of mature narrative-driven games who are newcomers to the setting
The game does justice to the mature themes of the World of Darkness, and takes advantage of the excellent atmosphere of the source material. It also creates new stories, which, thanks to the full creative license, will be incorporated as official lore of Vampire: The Masquerade 5th Edition.